Community Resources

Grants and Funding Programs


All Funding opportunities require applicants to complete and submit their respective application and applicable attachments online using the OKGrants Grant Management System. No paper applications will be accepted.

Go to OKGrants

OKGrants Resources

Training and technical assistance for the OKGrants Grant Management system for ODOC funding opportunities.

Read More

Consolidated Plan

Each year, Congress appropriates funding for several programs for housing, homelessness, and non-housing community development. These funds go to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) before being allocated to the states. Each state must apply annually for their share of the funds. This is done through the State Consolidated Plan which incorporates into a single document the planning and application aspects of the following programs.

Read More

Community Development Block Grants

The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program enables rural Oklahoma communities to fund a variety of basic public infrastructure and economic development improvements. CDBG funds are provided by the Federal Government (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) and managed by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce. To review more information on the CDBG Program click on the link below.

Read More

Neighborhood Stabilization Program

The NSP program was authorized under Title III of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008. It provided funding assistance to state and local governments to acquire and redevelop foreclosed properties in an effort to stabilize neighborhoods.

Read More

CDBG Disaster Recovery Program

Federal Disaster aid is being provided through HUD's Community Development Block Grant Program to support long-term disaster recovery efforts in eligible designated disaster areas with "unmet need."

Read More

Emergency Solutions Grants

The Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program is a component of the State's Continuum of Care system designed to alleviate homelessness in Oklahoma. ESG programs enable homeless individuals and families to move toward independent living by providing emergency housing, supportive services, and housing assistance.

Read More

RX for Oklahoma

Rx for Oklahoma helps Oklahomans access free and discounted medications provided by pharmaceutical manufacturing prescription assistance programs. The program is divided into five regions; each region has processing centers staffed to assist Oklahomans with accessing pharmaceutical manufacture sponsored prescription assistance programs.

Read More


The purpose of the Weatherization Assistance Program is to reduce energy costs for low-income families, particularly for the elderly, people with disabilities, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.

Read More

Community Services Block Grant

Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) program funds are contracted by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS) to reduce poverty, revitalize low-income communities and empower low-income individuals and families to become self-sufficient. The state’s 19 Community Action Agencies (CAAs) provides a range of assistance from immediate emergency needs to comprehensive social and economic needs.

CAA Contractor Implementation Manual  

Implementation manual, forms, and links.

State Energy Program

The Oklahoma State Energy Office receives congressionally appropriated funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to operate the State Energy Program (SEP). Funds are distributed according to a formula that depends on the state’s size, population, energy use.
States must submit an annual application the DOE that describes energy conservation, efficiency and renewable energy goals, proposed activities, source of funds, budget, progress and monitoring activities. Each state sets its own priorities according to its individual State Energy Plan, emphasizing development and deployment of technologies appropriate for its region. DOE has written both mandatory and optional activities into the State Energy Program that the states must implement.

Read More


The Community Expansion of Nutrition Assistance (CENA) Program provides funding for the general improvement of nutritional conditions at eligible senior centers that will: increase meals served and expand other needed services for senior residents of Oklahoma. Funds are awarded to Councils of Government and Area Agencies on Aging by formula for distribution to eligible senior centers in the state.

Oklahoma Head Start

This program provides state funding to Community Action Agencies that administer or sponsor federal Head Start programs.
Head Start provides comprehensive programs addressing health, education, parent involvement, social services and services for children with disabilities, all of which are coordinated with community-based service systems. These child-focused programs have the overall goal of increasing the school readiness of young children in economically disadvantaged families.
Oklahoma is one of the few states to provide additional state funds to federally funded Head Start agencies. State funds enhance the federal program by expanding services, increasing enrollment, and/or activating early intervention strategies via the agencies’ programs.

LIHEAP (Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program)

The mission of the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is to assist low income households, particularly those with the lowest incomes that pay a high proportion of household income for home energy, primarily in meeting their immediate home energy needs.
The LIHEAP program is administered by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) and is federally funded. OKDHS annually designates 9% of its annual appropriation to weatherize low-income households via the Oklahoma Weatherization Assistance Program administered by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce.

ECAF (Energy Conservation Assistance Fund)

The Oklahoma Energy Conservation Assistance Fund (ECAF) provides energy conservation grants to qualifying low-income homeowners. Grants pay for insulation, weatherization and other methods of improving energy efficiency for both winter and summer weather.
This fund saves lives by helping our poorest families survive the heat. Contributors may deduct 50 percent of their donations from their income taxes. More information can be obtained by calling 1-800-879-6552 – extension 5359.