Oklahoma workers have earned a national reputation for an extraordinary level of proficiency, productivity and reliability. They contribute their skills, experience and dedication to the success of a wide variety of technologically advanced industries, including:
- Corporate Services (Finance, Insurance, Health)
- Traditional and Renewable Energy (Wind, Solar, Geo, Bio, CNG)
- Advanced Food Processing and Packaging
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Meteorological Services
The Average Wage Advantage
Oklahoma’s average wage, commensurate with the state’s affordable cost of living, is significantly lower than that of comparable states. Statewide labor surveys also reveal a significant number of underemployed workers willing to explore and capitalize on new opportunities. For complete labor survey results, go to OKcommerce.gov/data and click on “Workforce and Employer Data,” or call the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, 1-800-588-5959 and ask for a Fast Forward Team Member.
Oklahoma’s Workforce Team
When expanding or relocating your business, you need a human resource team experienced in high performance recruiting. Oklahoma’s Workforce Team specializes in streamlining the HR recruiting process to ensure a steady pipeline of qualified workers to meet your start-up and long-term needs. The Oklahoma Workforce Team is committed to becoming an extension of your HR department.
Project Management – Our team will assign one single point of contact to assist your HR department in recruiting, screening, assessing and hiring employees. That project manager coordinates state partners charged with delivering your pipeline of workers.
The project manager also leads Oklahoma’s Talent Acquisition Team (TAT), a unit of recruiters assigned to assist employers with a customized strategy of recruitment services. TAT utilizes the state’s largest list of over 250,000 contacts in the Oklahoma job seekers database, as well as other electronic search tools and job search sites such as Monster.com and DICE to locate the most qualified talent from across the country. Our team also assists with:
- Screening – High wage, high demand occupations often require identifying and communicating with candidates who are actively employed. Once identified, candidates are contacted by the team members who provide them with information scripted by the employer so interviews can be scheduled. The TAT’s relationship with local staffing agencies provides a competitive advantage when hiring.
- Qualified Referrals – TAT is committed to delivering a workforce stream to your company no matter how large or small, skilled or semi-skilled. TAT taps Oklahoma’s largest human resources network. Our team can develop and maintain a ready supply of skilled employees to help your business grow. All activity is documented and tracked by the team.
- Labor Analysis – Comprehensive labor market analysis, demographics, and comparative wage data. Up-to-date, customized labor market information is available through Oklahoma Department of Commerce’s research division.
- Job Fair Event Management – Employee recruitment events need space and manpower. We can provide both. TAT also specializes in large recruitment events, providing assistance with applicant screening, and resume or application collection. TAT has access to state resources to provide temporary space, equipment and staff for recruitment projects.
- Training Assistance – TAT also coordinates access to a variety of state services and incentives through the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission. Programs such as the Workforce Investment Act (training programs) and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program can be integrated into the recruitment process and administered by the state, often resulting in significant savings to the employer. Customized start-up training can be delivered on site at low cost/no cost to qualifying companies.