The 21st Century Quality Jobs Program is an incentive that targets and promotes indisputably high-wage jobs and enables Oklahoma to diversify its economy by developing clusters around knowledge‐based, service industries.
No-cost Incentives Analysis
Contact an Oklahoma Quality Jobs representative to request a preliminary cost-benefit analysis before you apply. This analysis estimates the payments that a project may be eligible to obtain.
Download and complete the application and worksheet in Excel.
Technical assistance regarding program concepts, eligible companies, application guidelines and other information pertaining to the Quality Jobs Program is available upon request and encouraged.
Call (405) 815-5123 (In state), 1-800-588-5959 (Domestic) or 00+1+405-815-5187 (International).
- Most industries that qualify for the Quality Jobs program will also qualify for the 21st Century QJ
- Program with the exceptions of Oil & Gas, Spectator Sports, and Real Estate industries.
- New industries that will qualify for the 21st Century QJ Program will include Specialty Hospitals
- (Health Care), Performing Arts, Heavy & Civil Engineering, Motion Picture & Video Industries, Sound
- Recording Industries, Financial Investment Activities, and Professional Services such as Accounting, Architectural, and Legal Services.
- Reduces out‐of‐state sales requirements from 75% to 50% for industries that are required to have out‐of‐state sales.
- Out‐of‐state sales are required for: (1) Industries in the Regular QJ Program that are required to have out‐of‐state sales, (2) Heavy & Civil Engineering, (3) Motion Picture & Video Industries, (4) Sound Recording Industries, (5) Financial Investment Activities, and (6) Professional Services such as Accounting, Architectural, & Legal Services.
- Out‐of‐state sales are not required for: (1) Industries in the Regular QJ Program that are not required to have out-of‐state sales such as the manufacturing and R&D industries, (2) Specialty Hospitals, and (3) the Performing Arts industries.
- Requires at least 10 fulltime jobs at an annual wage of the lesser of $102,300 or 300% of the county's average wage.
- Maximizes the eligible incentive payment by incorporating expanded state benefits by allowing a net benefit rate of up to 10% of payroll.
- There are two net benefit rates in the 21st Century Program, an "Initial Net Benefit Rate" and the "Fulfillment Net Benefit Rate."
- The Initial Net Benefit Rate is calculated similar to the Quality Jobs net benefit rate by taking into account the state's direct benefits and direct costs associated with the project. However, the Initial Net Benefit rate is allowed to increase up to 7% rather than be capped at 5% as with the regular QJ program.
- The Fulfillment Net Benefit Rate incorporates indirect costs and benefits into the calculations and is allowed to increase up to 10% once the company hires/maintains 10 fulltime jobs. If the company drops below the 10 fulltime jobs, then the initial net benefit rate would be applicable.
- Applies for a total of 10 years and becomes effective November 1, 2009.
The materials contained on this website have been prepared by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal or tax advice. This information is subject to change based on judicial interpretation and legislative action. The application of the information is subject to your unique facts and circumstances. YOU SHOULD NOT ACT UPON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THESE MATERIALS WITHOUT SEEKING YOUR OWN PROFESSIONAL LEGAL AND TAX ADVICE.