Allows qualifying small businesses (90 employees or less) to receive up to a 5% cash-back incentive for up to seven years to locate or expand in Oklahoma.
No-cost Incentives Analysis
Contact an Oklahoma Quality Jobs representative to request a preliminary cost-benefit analysis before you apply. This analysis estimates the payments a project may be eligible to obtain.
Download and complete the application and worksheet in Excel.
Technical assistance regarding program concepts, eligible companies, application guidelines and other information pertaining to the Quality Jobs Program is available upon request and encouraged.
Call (405) 815-5123 (In state), 1-800-588-5959 (Domestic) or 00+1+405-815-5187 (International).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What services are provided to my company by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce during the application and approval processes free of charge?
Face-to-Face Assistance specific to manufacturers and service companies
Incentive Analysis to determine qualifying state and federal incentives
Representation during the approval process
- What amount of the quarterly rebate payments does my company get to keep?
All of it, except for a one-time Origination Fee of $1,000. By working with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce (ODOC), all services rendered during the application and approval process are free of charge. Once an application has been approved and a contract between your company and ODOC is finalized, the Origination Fee of $1,000 will be deducted from the first incentive payment.
- How often does my company need to provide information to claim the rebate payment, once my company is enrolled in the program?
Once per calendar quarter, your company will provide information to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
- Is the quarterly claims process difficult to complete?
No. Each calendar quarter your company will need to complete a simple, one-page form indicating the number of qualifying employees your company had in Oklahoma each month of the quarter, and the amount of payroll paid to those employees each month. This information is the same information reported on your OES-3 reports to the Oklahoma Employment Securities Commission. Even if your company uses a consultant, you will still have to generate the payroll data to complete the claim form.
- If my company doesn't achieve the program requirements, does the money claimed need to be paid back to the Oklahoma Tax Commission?
Only if your company ceases operating in Oklahoma within the first three years after enrolling in the program must the money claimed be returned.
- How long does it typically take to complete the application and approval process?
The application process involves your company providing the 4-page application and supporting documentation. The length of time required is determined by how quickly this information can be provided to the Oklahoma Department of Commerce. The approval process typically takes a few weeks, following the application process.
- Allows qualifying small businesses (90 employees or less) to receive up to a 5% cash-back incentive for up to seven years to locate or expand in Oklahoma.
- Companies must meet minimum wage and health coverage requirements.
- Companies must be registered to do business in Oklahoma and in good standing with the Secretary of State's Office, Tax Commission, and Employment Security Commission.
- See a complete explanation of all eligibility requirements in the program guidelines.
The materials contained on this website have been prepared by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal or tax advice. This information is subject to change based on judicial interpretation and legislative action. The application of the information is subject to your unique facts and circumstances. YOU SHOULD NOT ACT UPON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THESE MATERIALS WITHOUT SEEKING YOUR OWN PROFESSIONAL LEGAL AND TAX ADVICE.