The only incentive of its kind in the nation, PrimeWIN provides a cash benefit and a certified subcontractor base for federal prime contractors. PrimeWIN is a performance-based program that requires subcontracting with an Oklahoma workforce.
- PrimeWIN offers federal prime contractors a cash rebate of up to 2% of the Oklahoma workforce loaded labor cost. Cash incentives are paid quarterly for a maximum of 10 years by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
- PrimeWIN provides contractors with an easy-to-access conduit to hundreds of pre-certified subcontractors assuring productivity and quality while meeting schedule demands.
Key Benefits for Prime Contractors
PrimeWIN fulfills several key needs of federal prime contractors by increasing:
- Profit margins
- Access to pre-qualified subcontractors
- Risk mitigation.
- Prime Contractor Incentive Levels
|Incentive Rate on Total Qualified Labor||Minimum Qualified Subcontract Value|| ||Minimum Subcontract Level of Total Qualified Labor Claimed|
The chart illustrates the potential cash benefits to prime contractors under the federal contract. Incentives are paid quarterly on all Oklahoma-based labor reimbursed under federal contract.
Key Benefits for Oklahoma Subcontractors
- Enhances federal contracting opportunities for Oklahoma small, mid-sized, urban, and rural businesses;
- Facilitates access to a large revenue base;
- Increases viability of certified subcontractors to the primes;
- Builds new lower risk business opportunities;
- Fosters prime/sub mentor protégé relationships.
Oklahoma’s Growing Subcontractor Network
Oklahoma’s subcontractor network provides a quality workforce in key prime contractor business segments:
- Defense, intelligence, and homeland security
- Medical, biotechnology and nanotechnology
- Energy, agriculture and weather
- Information technology and telecommunications
- Research and Development
- Engineering and Technical Support
- Management Support Services
- Maintenance Construction
Become a PrimeWIN Member
Prime contractors and Oklahoma subcontractors who are interested in participating in the PrimeWIN incentive program should register with the PrimeWIN Program Office. Registration is free and easy.
Register for PrimeWIN online at www.PrimeWIN.org or by phone at (405) 509-6071.
Customized Incentive Analysis
Upon your request, the Oklahoma Department of Commerce will provide a preliminary analysis based on your specific project parameters. This confidential report, outlining a projected ten-year payout, can be prepared and sent to you on a same-day basis.
A Simple and Easy Application Process
- Contact Richard Schwalbach at the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, 800-879-6552, to request a preliminary cost-benefit analysis. This analysis estimates the payments that a project may be eligible to obtain.
- If your company wishes to pursue application for the program, you then submit a formal application to Commerce. Commerce determines eligibility for the initial contract and makes the formal contract offer to qualifying companies.
Prime Contractor Guidelines
Prime Contractor Application and Worksheet
Technical assistance regarding program concepts, eligible companies, application guidelines and other information pertaining to the Quality Jobs Program is available upon request and encouraged.
The materials contained on this website have been prepared by the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal or tax advice. This information is subject to change based on judicial interpretation and legislative action. The application of the information is subject to your unique facts and circumstances. YOU SHOULD NOT ACT UPON ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THESE MATERIALS WITHOUT SEEKING YOUR OWN PROFESSIONAL LEGAL AND TAX ADVICE.